Thursday, 27 August 2015

First Ghanaian meal

Mema wo aha (Good Afternoon)

Last night we had our first Ghanaian meal, prepared for us by our lovely friends Tina and Paul Asumadu from our church in London. It was a really nice evening filled with talk of Ghana, the way of life an politics whilst watching Ghanaian news.

Our meal consisted of fufu and peanut soup to start, Chicken with African salad and jollof rice for our main and Almond pastry with custard for dessert. Yum yum. Delicious. I fear I am going to put on a lot of weight in Ghana. Lol. I enjoyed learning how to eat the fufu properly - must use your right hand (that will take some getting used to) and swallow without chewing.

I am getting more and more excited about our travels now but still a little bit anxious. This is my first time doing something like this; I have never been away from home for so long. I am looking forward to meeting new people and getting stuck in though.  My Twi (the local language) is getting better. Tina was very impressed J However, I still have a lot to learn.

We are getting there with our packing and moving, not long till we fly out J We will miss you all and will keep you updated. Keep in touch.

Medaase for reading J


Liz (and Martin)
 The Asumadu Family
 Fufu :)
Eating it the right way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment